The Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design software that allows you to plan and develop floor plans as well as the ability to arrange furniture on it and view the results in 3D. As an interior designer, Sweet Home 3D offers you a chance to see a remodelled room or a brand new home before a single nail has been driven.
With a fairly simple premise and impressive results, this slightly flawed program is certainly something to get the imagination going. The interior design software interface is very easy to use. The left side of the screen has a file tree for every room in the house, and clicking on each room presents a list of all right furniture you can drag into the adjacent box.
The interior design software area is a grid with measurements corresponding to room size. Below the file, the tree is a space for each item in the room and its approximate size. At the bottom of the screen is a small box that provides the 3D view. Designing a room is very simple.
By dragging furniture into the grid and positioning it as you envision your redesigned room, a clear picture appears below, providing an impression of space that two-dimensional sketches cannot. In addition, there is an exciting Virtual Visit option that lets you walk through your home and its rooms. Read more
Sweet Home 3D Free Interior Design Software Features
– Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
– Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalogue organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom…
– Change colour, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
– While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
– Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and show the North direction with a compass rose.
– Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
– Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalogue, and textures to customize surfaces.
– Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
– Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
– Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 25 languages.
You can download the Sweet Home 3D interior design software to run it offline under Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris, or use the software online version from any browser supporting Java. Design home plans for free with Sweet Home 3D distributed under GNU General Public License, even for commercial purpose.
- 4 Best Practices to Find the Right Real Estate Agent - April 17, 2021
- 5 Tips to Choose An Expert Remodeling Contractor - April 16, 2021
- Are smart homes worth the investment? - March 9, 2021