Ogun State urban and regional planning board was established and saddled with the responsibilities of controlling all various physical developments be it residential, commercial, industrial, public, and institutional. Monitoring all the development in Ogun State to control the growth of urban sprawl in Ogun State. Development control is the process by which Ogun State urban and regional planning board manage the extent and nature of growth in local areas.
Landowners or leaseholder wishing to develop are typically required to apply to the zonal planning offices in the state (depending on the proposal) for development permit prior to the commencement of any development work. Ogun State urban and regional planning board development control department is the pivot on which most activities of the planning board rotate.
Majority of the Ogun State urban and regional planning board staffs are in the development control department to match up with its many functions listed in the third schedule of the enabling law. The department has over 20 zonal planning offices in the major towns and cities in Ogun State for effective monitoring and control of physical development.
Ogun State Urban and Regional Planning Board Development Control Department Full Details
– Production of yearly base data on all building plans registered, approved and disapproved on Zonal offices basis
– The Central monitoring unit under the department oversees the Physical development compliance of all the zonal offices and carry out appropriate sanctions
– Investigation of all petitions and complaints on physical development
– Attendance to litigation matters with the involvement of Ministry of Justice
– Public enlightenment, sensitization and regular interactive meetings with stakeholders-CDA, CDC, Coordinating other public fora.
– Registration and processing of Building Plan applications for approval in tandem with the enabling laws and regulations.
– Disapproval of application and withdrawal of same for nonconformity with existing laws and regulations
– Renovation and alteration of existing approved structures
– Change of use and title change
– Charging of assessment fees
– Assessment of Technical report for established use
– Monitoring and Control of Physical development of Lands within the State
– Detection of Contravention and serving of proper statutory notices
– Sealing of Illegal structures
– Demolition of critical and dangerous structures
In a nutshell, the Ogun State urban and regional planning board development control department is the mechanism through which entire process of urban development in Ogun State is regulated to meet the goal of promoting the overall benefit of the state and creating a distinct image of the city.
- How To Combat Delays During Construction Projects - December 26, 2020
- 7 Profoundly Beautiful Places to Visit in Vagamon for a Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip - November 12, 2019
- What you can do with your Urban Planning Degree as an Urban Planner - November 11, 2019