Fortis Construction seeking for an people with experience of Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) / Building Information Modeling (BIM) coordination in the architectural and structural trades for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project). The Architectural and Structural BIM Coordinator will be reporting to the Senior VDC Manager.
The Architectural and Structural BIM Coordinator will be accountable for coordinating and collaboration among Fortis’ VDC team and subcontractors. Knowledge and implementation experience of necessary BIM software technologies is required. This role is focused primarily on coordinating BIM on a large complex program with stringent standards and integrated QA/QC requirements. As the team is built and the project gets underway, the long-term vision/preference is to expand this team and potentially support Fortis Construction, Inc. projects for the same client and ultimately have a Southeast Asia-based VDC department.
The Architectural and Structural BIM Coordinator Responsibilities
- Adhere to Fortis and the client’s corporate standards for VDC/BIM/VR/QA/QC requirements and workflows across Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd.’s practice as well as coordinate with site-based teams
- Implement and coordinate technology applications and solutions with the Fortis Singapore and US VDC/BIM teams
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte Ltd. in the Singapore VDC/BIM industry
- Achieve goals established in the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. VDC/BIM implementation guidelines
Adhere to collaborative project workflow process with project partners across all architectural and engineering teams, subcontractors, and within the Fortis teams
- Raise RFIs, oversee resolution of disputes/coordination issues with his/her respective trade subcontractors
- Conduct clash-detection and conflict resolution. Coach each discipline on leveraging Clash-detection tools on their own discipline to proactively design and construct in a smart fashion
- Coordinate and liaise with Document Controller for daily information ingress/egress
- Ensure the subcontractors and vendors follow the specifications and standards in the project VDC implementation plan
- Coordinate with professional staff on reviewing models and gathering any comments relevant to their specific trades
- Actively participate in the development of VR, AR, MR, and other futuristic BIM-based applications by assisting the Senior VDC Manager
- Assist the Senior VDC Manager in implementing the learning and sharing process with the team in a collaborative multinational environment
- Participate in the weekly BIM coordination meetings, and other meetings as required
- Possess an advanced understanding of the clash-detection and resolution process and teach/train other VDC team members on such matters, if required
- Oversee third party detailers and collaborators from subcontractors and vendors, manage and report their timely performance
- Technologically inclined with a passion to improve personal skillsets and BIM-related processes
- Create daily, weekly reports based on the deliverables set out by the Senior VDC Manager
The Architectural and Structural BIM Coordinator Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management, with 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Industry BIM Certification (Revit Professional, BCA BIM courses) is preferred
- Passion for BIM, VR, IPD, Lean and other industry related areas
- Must have extensive knowledge of the features, functions, and limitations of Autodesk and Bentley 3D/BIM Platforms, including experience with complex workflows involving these systems
- Experience with Design-Bid-Build, Design/Build, Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) and other modern contractual delivery processes
- Fluency with BIM authoring platforms for facility design and construction (Autodesk Revit, Rhino, etc.). Knowledge of API tools preferred
- Knowledge of visual programming tools such as Dynamo, Grasshopper, etc.
- Fluency with collaboration and data management solutions like Procore, C4R, BIM 360 Suite (Glue, Field, Docs, Plan) Navisworks, Navigator, BIMSite, PlanGrid, Fieldwire.
- Fluency with Bluebeam and other markup and design review tools
Successful candidate will work as a member of the VDC/BIM team in Singapore and is expected to be detail-oriented with extensive previous experience working as a VDC/BIM Coordinator. The candidate must have excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.
- What are the Components of Environmental Education? - July 24, 2021
- How Urban Planners can Contribute to Disaster Risk Reduction - July 24, 2021
- 7 Types of Urban Planning Operations and Concepts – Explained - July 23, 2021